Meet Jeff Ferguson
Meet Jeff Ferguson, National Sales Manager. We asked him some questions about his role at C&D Logistics.
Why C&D logistics?
I have personally followed the success of C&D Logistics for many years and admired the continued growth through a well thought out marketing strategy and commitment to the local community. Quite frankly C & D Logistics is the best-known logistics company in Vancouver because of the brand awareness. But most importantly you cannot grow unless you provide a quality service backed by excellent staff and IT.
I am lucky enough to know Bruce and Dana from both a personal and business perspective and this weighed heavy on my decision to join the team due to the ultimate respect and shared trust. It is incredible what Dana has done with the company and I am thrilled to bring my experience to the team.
How long have you been in the transportation industry?
I started in 1986
Tell us a little bit about your background?
I have an extensive background in transportation on both the asset and non-asset side of the business with various modes of transportation. I have held Senior Management positions with Challenger Motor Freight Inc., Highland Transport, and Accord Transportation. Before my transportation career started I had an extensive exposure to retail management working for the Hudson’s Bay Company and a significant background in marketing and advertising while working for The Bay and Manitoba Telephone System.
I have the following degrees, certifications, etc.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) – University of Manitoba
- Preparatory Merchandising Course (PMC) – Hudson’s Bay Company
- Max Sacks International Professional Selling Clinic
- BB&T Leadership Institute – Executive Leadership
- P.Log Certification (Professional Practitioner of Logistics)
- Certified Transportation Broker (CTB)
- Low Black Belt – SKF Kick Boxing
What are your favorite hobbies?
- Watching BC Junior, CFL, NCAA and NFL football
- Volunteer Argyle High School Football Program
- Cheer and watch my son play Varsity Football and basketball
- Fitness training
- Target shooting at the Port Coquitlam Duck & Hunting Club
- Continued Education
- Serve on Strata Executive
- Try and learn Spanish
What is the most exciting part of joining the C&D team?
The growth plans for the company are next level stuff. Exciting times are ahead with more services making the C&D Logistics package (asset and non-asset) a first-class supply chain solution to existing and new customers and that gets my juices flowing!