What is Third-Party Logistics?
A third-party logistics provider, also known as a 3PL or 3PL company, is a company that provides outsourced logistic services to client companies for part or all of their supply chain management functions. Third-party logistics companies provide a wide range of services having to do with the logistics of the supply chain. This includes services such as:
- Picking and packing
- Inventory forecasting
- Order fulfillment
- Freight Forwarding
Why Your Business Should Use a Third-Party Logistics Provider
Using a 3PL provider offers a lot of advantages and can free up more time for you to focus on other aspects of your business. Some of the main advantages of using a third-party logistics company include:
1. Gain Instant Expertise and Insight in the Field
Fulfillment, warehousing, and shipping come with major challenges that can be tough for any company, especially a new one, to handle. Handing over these tasks to a 3PL company can really make a difference in the way your company functions, leaving you to focus on increasing your overall value to your customers.
2. Get a Handle on International Logistics
Third-party logistics companies can take care of international documentation, customs, duties, and other issues that can delay your shipments and result in high costs if not done properly. It will also save you the hassle of trying to figure out the different rules pertaining to each country you are shipping to.
3. Generate Cost Savings
When it comes to warehousing, not having to maintain your own space and inventory can be a big cost saving measure. 3PL companies that provide good inventory forecasting can help optimize your inventory levels and save money on inventory holding costs.
How a Third-Party Logistics Company Can Save You Money
Third-party logistics providers often offer value-added services that are integral to the supply chain and can help your business save money. Some of the ways in which a 3PL provider can save your business money include:
- Providing the expertise and experience to package, transport, and store goods in an organized and cost-effective manner.
- Offering access to benefits from many resources that you cannot get on your own.
- Using advanced logistics management software programs to determine the fastest and most economical route to transport goods and track their progress.
- Scaling transportation, labour, and space, according to your needs.
- Analyzing and reviewing each stage in the process to minimize delays and losses in order to maximize the return on value.
- Monitoring logistics performance to make sure that bottlenecks are being eliminated, risk of damages and loss are minimized, and the targets are being met.
Why C&D Logistics is a Preferred Third-Party Logistics Provider
C&D Logistics is a preferred third-party logistics provider because we take away the worries of warehousing and logistics, so that you can focus on growing your business. Whether you own a small start-up company or a large corporation, our focus has and always will be to provide you with the best client care and customer service in the industry. At C&D Logistics, we believe in consistently providing our customers with quick turnaround times for quotes, and efficient solutions to meet each customer’s individual needs. Our goal is to always treat your business like our own, with respect, attention to detail, and a clear line of communication.